:>     buffer cache is able to keep abrest of the write-rate.
:>
:>     Hmm, interesting.  I see another optimization I can do to fix the
:>     buffer cache saturation case in CURRENT on the client.  The COMMIT rpc's
:>     aren't being issued async.
:
:You need to track the return value of the commit so that you can detect
:server reboots and sync-write the data again. If you change to async, make
:sure that you still keep this part - its essential to the protocol.
:
:--
:Doug Rabson                            Mail:  d...@nlsystems.com
:Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                 Phone: +44 181 442 9037

   These are buffer-cache entities we are talking about here, so they won't
   go away until NFS tells the system they can go away.  In that respect
   async I/O is no different then sync I/O.  async I/O is simply run
   synchronously from an nfsiod context.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>