On 7/16/11 9:19 AM, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:

Hiroki Sato wrote:
Vlad Galu<d...@dudu.ro>  wrote
   in<a718adb2-ec52-462c-a114-85053f1b2...@dudu.ro>:

du>  Hello,
du>
du>  A couple of years ago, Stef Walter proposed a patch[1] that enforced
du>  the scope of routing messages. The general consesus was that the best
du>  approach would be the OpenBSD way - transporting the FIB number in the
du>  message and letting the user applications filter out unwanted
du>  messages.
du>
du>  Are there any plans to tackle this before 9.0?

  I am looking into this and investigating other possible extensions in
  rtsock messages such as addition of a fib member to rt_msghdr.  I am
  not sure it can be done before 9.0, though...
Actually there were an off-list discussion with bz@ and julian@ about
interface fibs and rtsock changes several weeks ago.

Initial messages:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2011-June/029040.html

I've got 3 different patches:
1) straight forwarded kern/134931 fix (no fib in rtsock, no breaking
ABI, send to bz@)
just got back from vacation in hungary so catching up...:

Didn't he commit it?   bz??

2) adding fib in rtsock with rtsock versioning and other ABI keeping tricks
3) adding special RTA which can contain TLV pairs, with single defined
TLV with routing socket

As a result of discussion, first patch was sent to bz@. Since patches
from kern/134931 are outdated attaching it here.