On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, Lars Engels wrote:

I just stumbled upon this rather outdated thread...

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:09:52 +0400, Ilya Bakulin wrote: [...]
wget curl links/lynx
This is Ports software, we may try to modify it and even send patches to upstream, or maintain our local patches. I wanted to focus on base system components during GSoC, but it doesn't hurt to try to capsicumize these tools either.

fetch(1) is similar to wget and curl and is part of the base system, so would this be a candidate?

I'd think fetch would be quite a good candidate -- most of its work is done as a pipeline between a socket and a file, and sandboxing the gubbins that sits in the middle of that pipeline would be quite beneficial.

Robert