With the right hardware, yes, that's what we're experiencing with latent
hardware that we've been tasked with benchmarking.

> Works like a charm here for us. 50+ boxes running 8.x, most of which are
> 8-stable.

But I bet you're not sitting 88 units of Thunderbolt cards that don't work in
8.3.

8.3 is also exhibiting major problems with the igb-based NICs on those same 88
units.

> No offence meant, but I'd take 8.3 over 9.x any day.
> Any night too, for that matter.

(smiles)

> YMMV but PF + pfsync + carp (and some boxes with nginx or relayd on top) is
> pretty good for our workload on 8.3.

I do indeed appreciate the vote of confidence. The hope is that when we get
through our mfi and igb problems that 8.3 will be a slammin' victory on this
hardware (but until then, we're fighting the good fight).
--
Devin