NFS experts out there, I have a question about synchronisation:

Imagine two hosts A (NFS server), host B (NFS client).

Process on A modifies a file. When does process on B get
notification about the change? Does it depend on
the time set on the different hosts? Is it a caching issue or what?

With two Linux systems we are seeing all sorts of strange
effects with such a setup. Just curious if FreeBSD behaves better
here. Well, I could try it out, but if it is a general problem
anyway with NFS I'd prefer to discuss it theoretically :-)

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [EMAIL PROTECTED]