On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:08:39PM +0100, Olibert Obdachlos wrote:
> If I may ask, this binary driver, which cards does it support and
> which cards does it *not* support?  Or if releasing that info is
> restricted by the NDA, does your driver support the newer Intel
> Pro/1000 F cards, which had been mentioned here a couple months
> back (Livengood, if I remember, and which decidedly did not work
> with the driver by Matthew Jacob)?

I'm admittedly not familiar with Intels marketing nomenclature.  But
if by "1000 F", you mean the 82543/Livingood chip, then yes, this
driver should work on that board.  In fact, the driver was designed
around the 82543, and then backported to 82542 (wiseman).

It won't work with the 1000 T (twisted pair) just yet, since I haven't
written the PHY support for that card.  (I only have the fiber versions
of the card here).  But it should work with all the fiber mode cards.

> I did experiment with the driver and the card ealier today for an
> hour or so without complete success, like no network functionality
> at all, but I'm not going to rule out pilot error, though it seemed
> to exhibit similar lack of functionality to the wx driver.  If it
> should work, I'll think about giving it another shot, but if it
> only works with the 1000 cards (not the F or T) then I won't try
> the impossible.  Or consider this a possible problem report on the
> driver with the Pro 1000 F...

Hmm.  Send me details, the more information, the better.
--
Jonathan