Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> I've had several marketing types approach me recently for details as
> to whether or not Microsoft was using the BSD TCP/IP stack and/or user
> utilities, and though it's always been "common knowledge" in the
> community that they were, when I set about to "prove" it I found it to
> be less easy than I'd thought.  I've strings'd various binaries and
> DLLs in my copy of Windows 98 but have yet to find anything resembling
> proof.  Does anyone out there have any details or discovery techniques
> for confirming or disproving this assertion either way?  It would be
> very useful (for us) from a PR standpoint to know.
>
> Thanks!

BSDI or CSRG did the contract work, according to my sources;
so you might want to ask Kirk or Mike Karels, since you are
more connected to them than we are (e.g. same building, etc.).

My sources are a former BSDI employee from way back (lawsuit
days and before), and another person.

The FTP utility contains the copyright string (run "strings"
on it).  Several other standard tools have similar copyright
strings in them.

-- Terry