On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:56:31AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Paul Herman, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Geoffrey C. Speicher wrote:
>
> > So we either need to have a compelling solution or get a
> > committer to step in and make up our minds for us.
>
> I think the best thing to do is file a PR for this.

I'll probably do so (referencing also the previous ones) once I finish
testing this; the downside is that I may not get a chance to plunk a few
straight solid hours into it until this weekend (darn that "paying work"
stuff!), so we may have to find new realms of the subject to flam^Wdebate
until then, just to keep the ol' adrenaline flowing.

Regardless of the outcome of the passwd issue, I think the pid_*()
functions in libutil will be useful for other things that do those kind
of functions.  Just glancing at my /var/run, I can see cron, inetd,
mountd, moused, and syslogd, just among the stuff in our base system that
isn't contrib/-ish (like named, sshd, ntpd, etc).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]