On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Doug Barton wrote:
> > > I guess you missed the part where I said that FreeBSD had bugs, and
> > > Matt Dillon posted patches?
> >
> > Nope. I think you missed the part where I said I was talking about
> > reality, not theory. :)  The reality is, it's broken now, and in my
> > experience, turning it off makes the system "work better."
> >
> > I agree that it should be fixed in the long term, but it ain't gonna be me
> > that fixes it.
>
> Then use Dillon's patches, instead of just turning it off.

Dillon's patches were committed, by Dillon. :) My systems still work
better with newreno off than with it on.

> Your anecdotal experience with "works better" is just that -- anecdotal.
> It doesn't hold for the general case.

I never claimed otherwise. In fact, I specifically suggested that this
would be _one_ place to start testing.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?