At 11:43 PM -0800 2/4/03, Doug Barton wrote:
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

 > At 10:36 PM -0800 2/3/03, Doug Barton wrote:
 > There's a section of mergemaster that starts out with the comment
 "Do an absolute diff first to see if the files are actually different".
That's an option that users can enable, it's not the default behavior.

 What I was saying is we should add the same -I argument to that
 diff command,
That's not going to happen... the whole point of strict comparison
mode is that ALL differences are displayed, no matter what. Since
users choose this option, it's reasonable not to change its behavior.
Oh, I didn't realize that was an optional behavior, I thought
that was the default code path.  That request is my mistake then,
for skimming through the script a little too quickly.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]