At 10:20 PM +0100 2/19/03, Michael Ranner wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to learn scan_ffs (original from OpenBSD, ported to
FreeBSD by Robert Watson) about UFS2 on 5-CURRENT, but it will
not find the Superblock and I dont understand exactly both for
loops, especially that 512 byte increment.

Scan_ffs is a system tool from OpenBSD to recover erased disklabels
from your hard drive.

Thanks for your input.

For what it's worth, we (FreeBSD) have a simple SuperBlock recovery program in /usr/src/tools/tools/find-sb. I picked up some updates from Dave Cross for that, and have a few more of my own. I just have to sit down and get them all together into a single version. I don't know how find-sb compares to the program you're talking about, but they sound kind of similar.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]