At 10:00 AM +0000 1/11/04, Doug Rabson wrote:
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 00:05, Peter Jeremy wrote:

 > I disagree.  Andrew raised two issues (type of license and
 > port vs base location).  The type of license is an input to
 > the decision as to which SCM to choose - BSD preferable ...

Subversion has a friendly BSD-ish license but it depends heavily
on Sleepycat DB which doesn't. I imagine that if we do end up
using it one day, it would be best managed as a port rather than
part of the base system. I just don't see many people agreeing
on importing subversion+db-4.2+apache2 into src/contrib...

Another way of approaching that is to say subversion is not-likely to be imported *unless* we can find an acceptable BSD-licensed database mgr to go along with it. (I do not know how much of Apache is needed. Would svn *clients* need to have apache installed, or is that only needed for machines that hold a public repository?)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]