> >> When quickly connecting/disconnecting
> >

> > i guess you mean here unplug the keyboard and then immediately plug it
> > back, right?
> >

> sounds like he means "repeatedly."

yes

> booting with -gd drops you into the (gdb) debugger immediatly..
>
> I presume you have a gdb looking at the  serial port and have a
> serial debug port defined then?

Yes.
That's what I did:

boot -gd && gdb -k kernel.debug && target remote /dev/cuaa0

In gdb "bt" only shows two entries. The function where the panic
occurred and 0x0!

BTW, after boot -gd, when gdb attaches I have a kernel panic too.
But I can just enter "continue" and the kernel continues booting.
Is that ok?