Hi.

Panagiotis Christias wrote:
In the "good" case you are getting a much higher interrupt rate but
with the data you provided I can't tell where from.  You need to run
vmstat -i at regular intervals (e.g. every 10 seconds for a minute)
during the "good" and "bad" times, since it only provides counters
and an average rate over the uptime of the system.
Now I'm running 10-process lighttpd and the problem became no so big.

I collected interrupt stats and it shows no relation beetween
ionterrupts and slowdowns. Here is it:
http://83.167.98.162/gprof/intr-graph/

Also I have similiar statistics on mutex profiling and it shows
there's no problem in mutexes.
http://83.167.98.162/gprof/mtx-graph/mtxgifnew/

I have no idea what else to check.
I don't know what this graph is showing me :)  When precisely is the
system behaving poorly?
what is your RAID controller configuration (read ahead/cache/write
policy)? I have seen weird/bogus numbers (~100% busy) reported by
systat -v when read ahead was enabled on LSI/amr controllers.

              Existing Logical Drive Information
              By LSI Logic Corp.,USA

          [Note: For SATA-2, 4 and 6 channel controllers, please specify
          Ch=0 Id=0..15 for specifying physical drive(Ch=channel,
Id=Target)]

          Logical Drive : 0( Adapter: 0 ):  Status: OPTIMAL
        SpanDepth :01     RaidLevel: 5  RdAhead : Adaptive  Cache: DirectIo
        StripSz   :064KB   Stripes  : 6  WrPolicy: WriteBack

        Logical Drive 0 : SpanLevel_0 Disks
        Chnl  Target  StartBlock   Blocks      Physical Target Status
        0      00    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE
        0      01    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE
        0      02    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE
        0      03    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE
        0      04    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE
        0      05    0x00000000   0x22ec0000   ONLINE

I tried to run with disabled Read-ahead, but it didn't help.

With best regards,
Alexey Popov