Joseph Koshy wrote:
 OK, this is the famous problem with modern CPUs that jkoshy has declined
 to work around :(  There are patches for this in perforce, see

 http://perforce.freebsd.org/changeView.cgi?CH=126189

"Famous problem" indeed :).   I declined the patch because it
is incorrect and incomplete.

I will accept a patch that demonstrates clue about the
workings of the overall system---the changes in the patch
should be safe, complete, should demonstrate that the submitter
has read and understood vendor documentation, should preserve
user experience for naming events, and each supported PMC event
needs to be documented in pmc.3.

I am aware of these issues but repeat my statement that the lack of working pmc on modern CPUs is causing serious difficulties for our developer and user base, as witnessed again in this thread.

Kris