Yep that's what I came up with after looking though the code thanks
for the link though, always good to get confirmation that I didn't
miss something.

   Regards
   Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Baldwin" <j...@freebsd.org>

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 1:55:12 pm Steven Hartland wrote:
How can I increase the maximum number or ptys available on FreeBSD 7.0?

It seems that currently the machine is maxing out at 512 but there is
still loads of capacity left on the machine.

Ideally would like to double at least the number of ttys available,
any help would be most appreciated.

http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/pty_1152.patch

This might require 7.1 instead of 7.0 as I simplified the pty allocation code in <= 7.x so that it was easier to add new ones.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.