On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

i'm getting that crap every time i remount filesystem and on startup.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider mirror/sysa is ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider mirror/sysa is ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider mirror/sysa is ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider mirror/sysa is ufsid/48dd2cbe8423dd9e.

i'm using glabel only to avoid mess about what drive is connected to what SATA port.

This is effectively debugging output that slipped into the release and shouldn't have. I believe it's now removed in 8.x, I'm not sure it's been MFC'd to 7.x yet. The output can be entirely ignored and does not reflect a problem, just state changes resulting from a volume becoming visible to geom, and then the label name being removed following mount.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge