On 17 Dec 2009, at 18:25, Linda Messerschmidt wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Robert Watson <rwat...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Could you tell us a bit more about the network configuration -- especially,
>> are you using any tunneling software (such as ipsec), netgraph, or other
>> less commonly used network features?  Are you using accept filters?
>
> Let's see, we are using a couple of simple PF rdr rules in conjunction
> with squid and yes, we are using accf_http with it as well.  Other
> than that, nothing uncommon.
>
> The ethernet is Intel onboard, em0 and em1.  Web traffic comes in on
> em0, gets redirected to squid, and origin server requests go out on
> e1.  It crashed under relatively light traffic, about 3000 requests
> per minute.

Is this something you might be able to reproduce on a non-production system?

Might you be able to test  on 8.0 whether, without accf_http, the problem goes
away?

(I'm not sure it makes life easier for you, but -- you should be able to use an
8.0 kernel with a 7.x userspace, making the cost of rolling forward/back to
test things a bit easier perhaps)

Thanks,