> So as I mentioned I’ve able to mail the dataset. It gets mounted upon
> starting the jail. It shows up in “zfs list”.

If you can see your dataset with `zfs-list(8)` it does not mean that it is
mounted. You should check it using `mount -t zfs` or `zfs mount`.

> And when I do zfs snapshot on the dataset it appears to create the snapshot
> as it shows up in a “zfs list -t snapshot” but the snapdir isn’t visible even
> after setting snapdir to visible, and when I rollback using the snapshot it
> doesn’t actually rollback.

You can create snapshots and run `zfs-rollback(8)` even when your dataset is
not mounted and it will not fail.

---

I have seen your `rc.conf(5)` from your jail and it sets `zfs_enable` to `YES`.
As I mentioned, it doesn't work at startup and maybe it's a bug. When your jail
is started you can run `service zfs start` and it will work. That rc script
knows it is inside a jail so it just runs `zfs mount -a` and `zfs umount -a`
(when running `service zfs stop`).

I don't recommend using that rc script to mount your datasets because when you
run `service zfs stop` it will try to unmount `/` which is an error. As a
workaround use the approach I share with you: mount and unmount your datasets
using your `jail.conf(5)` (see the AppJail template example).