On Friday, 25 August 2017 12:54:02 Russell Haley wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM, David Naylor <naylor.b.da...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 12:21:20 Romain Tartière wrote:
> >> Hi David,

> >> I don't actively use mono nowadays but sure, I can check if my old code
> >> tests suites still pass with the update.  I have just registered to
> >> Phabricator and have no previous experience with this tool, so get ready
> >> to teach me stuff ;-)
> >
> > Great, thanks.
> >
> > Here is a status update (with patch [1][3]).  Things aren't ready yet, but
> > as it
> >
> > stands:
> >  - lang/mono: 5.2.0.215 (tests failing in mcs/class/corlib
> >  [run-test-local])
> >  - devel/msbuild: 15.3 (tests failing [with SIGABRT])
> >  - lang/sharp: 4.1.25 (tests failing in math/measures/test.fsx [Invalid IL
> >
> > code])
> >
> >  - x11-toolkits/gtk-sharp20: 2.12.45
> >  - x11-toolkits/gnome-sharp20: 2.24.4
>
> Are the tests integrated into the build (I don't remember)? Does this
> mean it builds but the external tests fail or do the tests cause a
> build failure?

The tests are part of the 'make test' target.  The build succeeds but the mono
test suite fails.  At least part of the acceptance tests (i.e. from dotnet)
succeed.

It would be great if someone(tm) can investigate the unit test failures and
fix them, but this isn't a show topper, IMHO.

The current state of the port:
 - mono builds and installs
 - mono is able to build msbuild, msbuild installs
 - mono+msbuild is able to build fsharp, fsharp installs
 - mono+msbuild+fsharp is able to build monodevelop, monodevelop still
requires work to get building working reproducible  (i.e. getting `nuget
restore` to work without internet during build phase).