On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 07:35:29PM +0100, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
>For each license type, there is a knob. The knob could normally be
>interactive, yielding the exact same behaviour as now. But if an
>appropriate ACCEPT_LICENSE_FOO=Yes is found in make.conf, then the
>user has read and accepted that particular license type once and for
>all.

How does this handle click-through agreements where you have to
tick a box to agree to the license before the vendor will release
the source code?  And Sun requires you to login as well.

>The downside is that this requires a considerable amount of work and
>thought. What should happen when the license changes, for instance.

If a vendor has gone to the effort of implementing a click-through
license and the FreeBSD Project implements a tool to bypass it then
I would expect that the vendor would become somewhat annoyed.

--
Peter Jeremy