David Southwell wrote:
On Friday 11 July 2008 14:02:09 Remko Lodder wrote:
David Southwell wrote:
On Friday 11 July 2008 11:53:50 you wrote:
David Southwell wrote:
If we had to argue for every port on these terms everyone would spend
their time arguing and we would have none atall.

It is not as though Perl is an obscure bit of buggy code that none
uses.

If there is a request then simply a response to your last question is
needed.

Enough

david.
So, when can I expect your updated work on the port, build all
dependencies to make sure they keep on working etc? I understand that we
want to have this as soon as possible, but also do keep in mind that we
would like to make sure as much as possible that the code can actually
work. I am not aware of the reason for this taking longer then some of
you expect. But I am sure that there is a reason. It all remains
volunteer work and people might choose to do different things then
satisfy your specific need. Not that I am saying we shouldnt do it, but
I am stating that there is more then just your wish.

Thanks,
remko
This started because I asked a simple question. Is there a possibility of
getting perl 5.10.0 and when. I did not expect the third degree
<chuckles>

Admittedly I am curious why it is taking six months when most ports do
not take that long - but curiosity does not imply personal antagonism,
criticsm or sarcasm.
Thanks

david
It also doesn't imply that you can "demand" that people import 5.10.0
because you want it, need it or whatever. It does mean that probably
work is underway but that it stalled or something for a reason.

"thanks"
remko

I have hear no demand from anyone only reasonable curiosity following six months delay. It is:
1. reasonable to ask when
2. Courteous to give a reply.

David

David

And I told that you are entitled to do so, but your 'between the lines' stated more then just a question, which I ofcourse can understand.

You have had your reply: I think work is underway, we do not know when it's available, but it will be as soon as possible.

Thanks,
remko

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | [EMAIL PROTECTED]