On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, Doug Barton wrote:

Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
The fact that the error occurs AT ALL is the bug and what is
counterintuitive, and many people would not think to try typing "make"
again, and instead would just assume the thing's broken.

Ok, I actually misunderstood the problem that you were reporting. I
thought that the reference to .build_done.bind96._usr_local indicated
that the port had already been built once, but that is not the case.
To reproduce the bug, you need to do the following:

1. Make sure there is nothing in /var/db/ports/bind96
2. cd /usr/ports/dns/bind96
3. make
4. Enable the "replace base" option
5. Save the config

You will then see the following error:

make: don't know how to make
/usr/local/tmp/usr/local/ports/dns/bind96/work/.build_done.bind96._usr_local.
Stop
*** Error code 2

I think Mel is right that the problem is changing PREFIX, but that's
the whole purpose of the option.

Could you please open a PR about this with a subject something to the
effect of "OPTIONS that change PREFIX cause an error after 'make
config'" and describe how to reproduce this?

Done, just got the mail from gnats: 137250.

-Dan

--

Pika Pika Pika!

-Pikachu, of Pokemon fame.