On 10/10/2011 06:44 AM, Eitan Adler wrote:

Are there any plans on getting these committed to the mainline ports
tree? I'd be willing to work with you on that.

I agree with Eitan. I don't see a reason why texlive shouldn't make it into the mainstream ports. What you need is to work with someone with a ports commit bit, and who is willing to take some responsibility to perform updates in a timely manner (because submitting PR's can take quite a while). Eitan has a ports commit bit, as do I. Since Eitan asked first, he gets first dibs, but I am willing to play that role as well.

Stephen