On 02/12/2012 03:33 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
on 12/02/2012 23:22 Stephen Montgomery-Smith said the following:
On 02/12/2012 03:15 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

Today I became another user of redports.org.  I can definitely recommend it.

Yes, but it is not without its problems.  I tried testing math/sage on
redports.org.  It reported an error building the dependency math/atlas, which
built fine on mine and other people's systems.

But still this is an instance of environment where the port can fail, so it
warrants an investigation and fixing.  Either in the port or in the redports
infrastructure.

Yes, you are correct. In fact, in the case of math/atlas there is the following report. It looks like people are working on it.

http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=math&portname=atlas&wildcard=

Although, it also didn't work on report when I asked for an amd64 build.

So it still didn't help me testing math/sage. I ended up relying on another user who politely informed me of build errors on his system, and was kind enough to try my patches.

Also, if everyone starts using it, isn't the backlog going to become huge?

I'll let the redports team worry about this :-)

Fair enough.