On 02/12/2012 01:39 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
Is there any reguirement that a ports committer needs
to test their intended commit prior to pulling the
trigger?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/print/ghostscript9/Makefile

You should report which version of FreeBSD you are using. It might have tested OK for the committer, but not for you.

By the way, I didn't get the error you reported in your first message, but I did get the error reported in your later message. I am using FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE on the amd64.

> You seem to have the faulty belief that this is the first occurrence
> of this type of issue?

The same committer? Or someone else. If it is a repeat offense, I can see why you would want to blow off some steam.

However as a committer myself, I do like it when someone politely points out my error, and gives me a chance to correct myself. For example, I recently had a very pleasant exchange with someone who helped me fix my math/sage port for FreeBSD 9.

Stephen