Hi,

On 04 June 2012 12:08:14 Adam Strohl wrote:
> On 6/4/2012 4:23, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> >> Just built a VM and installed 9.0-R from the ISO.
> >>
> >> Installed gnu-screen and bash (from ports).
> >>
> > you did not compile it as the first item.
>
> I don't understand what you are saying.
>
> I did a 'make install' on a clean system with only bash and screen
> installed (I did update ports first).

yes, you installed bash and screen first.

Can you try it without?

I really try to install X as the first thing after I finished installation.

I wonder why you need bash from the ports at that stage?

If this still works for you, I will have to install FreeBSD after my return.
This will take some weeks. It could even be that my journey will get extended.
So, be patient.

Erich