On 10/13/13 8:36 AM, Chris Rees wrote:
On 12 Oct 2013, at 12:49, Chris Rees wrote:

[cross posted to tinderbox-list]

On 2013-10-09 22:27, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 09:11:10PM +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
Alexey, if you're interested, the patch hitting CVS is at:
http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-calculate-deps-in-chroot-9.diff
Ah, it seems you mean it's one of the patches recently committed, not the
proposed fix. ;-)
I've 'cvs up -A' again, and applied the patch in reverse mode.  Strangely,
now every build log (inc. dependent packages) immediately ends with this
message:
  jexec: getpwnam: root: No such file or directory

OK, try cvs head with

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-chroot-srcbase.diff

It appears that I may have been overexcited with my fix for Olli's problem, but
this fixes it in a less drastic way with fewer assumptions.

This patch works for me, so if you confirm I'd like to ask Joe to approve
please!

Also, Bernhard, I'm certain that redports will run as well as it did with
patch7 if you apply this patch.

I'm really sorry for the breakage :(

It appears that really weird SRCBASE assumptions are made throughout the code.
I'll have to put a temporary hack in to just make SRCBASE appear inside the
chroot whatever it's set to.  Setting and unsetting SRCBASE just breaks
different things in weird ways, and this is the only reliable fix I've found.

Joe, please can I stick this in, and merge to the beta?

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-fake-srcbase.diff

Yeah, go for it.  I'll spin up a new beta when you're done.

Joe

Alexey, try this patch.  This one definitely works for me, and gets the
dependencies working correctly.

Chris

--
Joe Marcus Clarke