John Marino wrote on 2016/12/15 17:46:

[1] I've got it on my todo list to provide a new method that would
eliminate the "my builder just rebuilt 150 packages, but pkg(8) only
upgraded 2 packages" issue that some users don't want to see.  It's a
lot more complicated than the conservative yet bulletproof approach
currently used by poudriere and synth.

This is interesting case - we are running own Poudriere repo and I am fine with it. But I am a bit nervous when I know 150 packages was rebuilt and just 2 upgraded by pkg. In this case I want pkg to update (reinstall) all of them. If something changed so that 150 packages must be rebuilt why pkg doesn't reinstall them? Isn't it the possible place for problems after upgrade?

Mirek