from Mark Linimon:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 09:01:39PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > raising the possibility of building for other targets.

> Which is very much not hardly even the same as "they are being resistant
> to change".  In fact, about as far away from it as is possible to get.

> "techinically possible" != "feasible in the immediate future".

> I feel like I'm repeating myself in this thread, again.

> mcl

A lot of pkgsrc users, perheps the majority, use architecture either i386 or
amd64 (I have no statistics).

FreeBSD also supports many architectures, not as many as NetBSD, but some where
there is no Ada compiler, and no LLVM/clang either.

Some of the architectures supported by NetBSD are near-extinct now, acorn26 for
one, and would not be prime targets for pkgsrc development, nobody is going to
care about lack of an Ada compiler.

Tom