Quoting Stefan Esser <s...@freebsd.org> (from Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:35:55 +0100):

Am 05.12.17 um 00:43 schrieb Tatsuki Makino:
By the way, where is the clever way to update to flavor?
I am using portmaster.

I'm working on FLAVOR support in portmaster. My version did already build

I wonder if it would make sense to import portmaster into FreeBSD SVN. It is a tool targeting the FreeBSD ports tree and pkg infrastructure and it looks like it is important for a not so small userbase.

While there are several committers within the contributors (I'm not sure if this means they have write access to the repo or if it just means that a pull request was accepted), there is more or less no progress since 2013 (yes, a few commits there, but also useful pull requests for e.g. local package installation with pkgng support which are not integrated at all). If we look at how widespread the use of portmaster still is (and I'm sure there are more people which use it and are more cool-headed and just wait if there are some fixes coming for it in the near future like it was the case for the pkgng switch), it would make sense to have the (as it looks) abandoned-on-github-portmaster-version in a FreeBSD controlled area.

Alternatively, how would a FreeBSD committer like Stefan or Torsten or me or whoever gain write access to https://github.com/freebsd/portmaster/ so get some progress in the official portmaster location and create a new release (sorry my ignorance for github and how it works, I'm used to CVS/SVN workflows)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF