Hi!

> On 16 Feb 2020, at 02:02, Kurt Jaeger <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/121-default-make.conf
>
> And this conf file applies when you use the jail named exactly '121-default'

The 121-default is the name of the jail and the name of the ports tree
used.

You can have several ports trees in parallel:

$ poudriere ports -l
PORTSTREE METHOD   TIMESTAMP           PATH
default   portsnap 2020-02-16 10:02:15 /pou/ports/default
snmp      portsnap 2019-11-01 16:21:32 /pou/ports/snmp

I have one to test net/net-snmp 5.8 as well.

> So for my jail named 121x64 the conf file would be
>
> "121x64-make.conf"
>
> And for 113x86
>
> "113x86-make.conf"

Not quite, see above.

> Ok, this is starting to make some sense. Now I just need to get
> a list of the ports on the 11.3 system currently in the form
> <categry>/<portname> so I can at least set that up with the current
> ports.

The man page for pkg-query shows many options to ask for all this.

pkg query '%o'

gives you this list.

> Not sure I quite get how the Webserver lets your other machines
> get the packages in such a way that they can be dropped in place,
> but I don't need to do that right now anyway (that will be a task
> for when I have migrated that machine to 12.1 amd64 anyway), hopefully
> in the next month.

pkg accesses the repo, downloads some meta data (like meta.txz), and
compares that data with the packages you already have.

--
p...@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?