On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 05:05:17 BST Tatsuki Makino wrote:

> But it seems to be a mixture of various revisions because poudriere is
> building it.
> svnlite up -q -r COMMITTED $PORTSDIR/category/name seems to be a
> revision of the package when it was built.

What would be needed would be for pkg to provide the revision number of the
ports tree used by
poudriere at the time of the build, not the revision of each individual port.
For example for 12.1-
RELEASE amd64
http://beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=121amd64-default[1] shows
that at the time of writing this email the latest completed build is 544349 and
there is a build run in
progress for 544776. If this revision number could be stored as a property of
the repository then
pkg could have a command (e.g. 'pkg revno') which would currently return
544349. After the
current build has completed and propagated to the repository then 'pkg revno'
would return
544776 after the next time I run 'pkg update'.

I'm already using a manual version of this process. If today I needed to build
one of the few ports
for which I don't use packages I would get the revision number of the latest
poudriere build and run
'svnlite up -q -r 544349 /usr/ports' to sync my ports tree with the version
used for the repository.
Providing I allow enough time for the new build to be transferred to the
FreeBSD repository before
doing this it works fine. It would, of course, be much better if I could obtain
the revision number of
the repository directly from pkg.

The real icing on the cake would be to have a command 'pkg sync-ports' which
would use the
revision information to upgrade the ports tree in one go without needing to
manually run svn.

--
Mike Clarke

--------