On 23.01.2013, at 16:29, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to apply this patch to Mk/bsd.python.mk soon. It's an nivit's
> solution from devel/py-virtualenv for changes, introduced in PEP 3147 [1]. It
> will not affect default packages build, because packages are not yet building
> for python3 on cluster, but it will affect python ports, built with python3,
> that already has fix like that applied locally. I tested it with dozen of
> ports and everything seems fine. Local fixes will be removed right after this
> change. Please tell me if there is any objections or suggestions on this.
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3147/

Hello!

Looks like a hack.  Why not to define some variable, say PYCACHEDIR, to proper
value based on python version, and use in in pkg-plist as %%PYCACHEDIR%% ?
Similar to all other version-dependend things like PYTHON_SITELIBDIR?

This will require modification of pkg-plist files but this can be done
automatically by a script.