--- Matthew Seaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:05:15PM -0700, Wayne
> Lubin wrote:
>
> > So does that means that this ACPI Power Management
> > Controller is not supported by freebsd? Or does it
> > mean that I need to compile the corresponding
> device
> > driver into the kernel and then it will be
> > recognized by freebsd?
>
> > > --- "Brian M. Kincaid"
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> That's a supported chipset:
>
>     happy-idiot-talk:~:% grep viapm
> /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT
>     # viapm         VIA VT82C586B,596,686A and
> VT8233 SMBus controllers
>     device          viapm
>
> You need to add:
>
>     device            smbus
>     device            viapm
>     device            smb
>
> to your kernel config, and build yourself a new
> kernel.  Works fine
> for my VT8233 SMBus controller.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Matthew
>
> --
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.
>  26 The Paddocks
>
>  Savill Way
>
>  Marlow
> Tel: +44 1628 476614
>  Bucks., SL7 1TH UK

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of
> the message

Thanks for all your help.

I am recompiling the kernel to include the following
devices

apm0
smbus
viapm
smb

but it stops with the following tail end

make -V CFILES -V SYSTEM_CFILES -V GEN_CFILES | xargs
mkdep -a -f .newdep -O -p
ipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
-Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-pro
totypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual
-fformat-extensions -ansi  -nostdi
nc -I- -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/../include
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfil
ter  -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -elf
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
/usr/src/sys/pci/viapm.c:53: iicbb_if.h: No such file
or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

There seems to be some file/files missing. Any help?
Thanks.

Wayne