Hi Peter,

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 09:57:51AM +0100, Peter Jamrisko typed:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Peter Jamrisko and I'm from Slovakia. In network with 10
> computers I already installed FreeBSD release 4.6. I need help (how
> to) to install MAIL SERVER:

What exactly do you want your "MAIL SERVER" to do?
How will the 10 computers on your network be accessing the server
(pop3, imap, or just telnet/ssh in and read mail locally)
Note that sendmail (or postfix, for that matter) is just an MTA. It
will not do pop3 or imap. For these you'll have to install the
corresponding programs, e.g. qpopper and imap-uw.

> 1. On this network without connection to Internet (only in local
> network),

Start by setting up mailboxes on the FreeBSD server. The simplest way
of doing this is by just creating the users with adduser.
Since sendmail is allready running you can without further configuration
send local mail between those users.
You can install qpopper (pkg_add -r qpopper) to let your WinXP clients
access these mailboxes.

> 2. and than on the same network connected to Internet via FreeBSD
> server (which included Mail Server, Firewall, Router...).

1) Make sure the hostname of your mailserver resolves in DNS
2) Put the IP addresses of your other computers in /etc/mail/relay-domains
   (one per line, create the file if it doesn't exist)

> I'm total beginner in FreeBSD and I need step-by-step instructions
> or good link that would help me to solve my problem (how to setup
> Sendmail, configuration of all files contiguous on Mail server, how
> to create mailboxes for users, dependency between users's login and
> mailboxes, etc.) Sendmail is already installed, but not configured.
> On workstations is installed Windows XP.
>
> In FreeBSD handbook I found something, but not detailed and complete
> information.

There are countless ways to setup mail services. That's why the
information in the handbook is a bit general.