Hey guys..

Im still fighting this horrid laptop! (Gateway 2000 Solo P3C)
Im stuck in 640X480 mode and would like to have my console in 800X600 mode. I have read that by having the machine boot in 600X800 yields better results when starting X.

Here is my question, how do I get my console into 800X600 mode? I have tried my BIOS and there is no option for an extended text mode. DOS also boots into 640X480.

This machine uses the C&T 655548 chip. If anyone can any links, advice, suggestions are will be appreciated.

Here are pics of the laptop. You can see the console is 640X480 and so is x. I also cant get x to display more than 4 colors.

http://www.AlvaroGil.com/~alvaro/misc/FreeBSD_Questions/SmallConsole.JPG

http://www.AlvaroGil.com/~alvaro/misc/FreeBSD_Questions/Small4clrX.JPG