I am running freebsd 4.6.2-Release and would like to upgrade sendmail from 8.12.3 to 8.12.6. I tried using make and make install from /usr/ports/mail/sendmail and then restarted sendmail using the killall -HUP command. However, when I telnet to localhost port 25, it shows that 8.12.3 is still running. Am I missing a step or do I need to delete the older version of sendmail before installing the newer version?