People,

        I need some clues as to *why* after the gnome update script
        has finished on my laptop neither mozilla nor firefox run.

        Note that on my laptop, there were not many files that
        needed to be rebuilt.

        One question seems apropos here: why can't the gnome
        (and kde) upgrades be handled thru Packages rather than
        by source rebuilding?

        (AFter 2+ days of running the script here on "tao"
        --a 750MHz platform--I the script may have succeeded;
        the laptop in a 400MHz  ThinkPad.  ... )

        Help? Suggestions anybody?

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix