Andrea Venturoli wrote:

Hello.

I'm almost happily using gmirror on da0 and da1.
The problem is after every reboot da0 is gone and I have to issue:
gmirror forget gm0
gmirror insert gm0 da0

Then it will synchronize automatically.

Why? How do I resolve? Should I save the configuration in any way after issuing the previous commands?

Andrea,

I'm not entirely sure on this one ... you have RTFM? There's "gmirror configure -a" ... but that is about synchronization.

What does gmirror info says before you forget / insert?

My hunch is that you are not rebooting cleanly, so when the system comes up, gmirror thinks it has to re-sync the disks, but it is not configured to do so automatically?

What command / process did you use to set up your mirror?

-d

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/