Hi,

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Other then that I know Yahoo! uses FreeBSD ... is there a list that anyone
> is maintain about who is using it?  I've been having discussions with a
> partner for awhile now about whether we should launch a product with a
> base OS of linux vs freebsd ... and its tiring to try and argue against
> "but, nobody is accepting FreeBSD ... everyone (IBM, HP, Sun, etc) is
> falling behind Linux" ...
>
> Do we have *anything* ... case studies or the like, from big names that
> have decided *for* FreeBSD over Linux, with a sort of 'why' discusion?

on the embedded side there is the Nokia/CheckPoint hardware firewall
applicaces. Nokia uses a hacked FreeBSD 2.x base system to host the
checkpoint firewall for which checkpoint did a port only available
with this nokia bundle.

Also junipers internet core routers are based on FreeBSD.

Greetings
Christian

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,              Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen