--On Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:45:36 -0700 John Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I installed perl 5.8.5 when I did initial install of
freebsd 4.11 on my machine. when I do perl -v I get
perl 5.006. when I switch to the perl 5.8.5 it cannot
find DBI in the PM when I switch back it can.
John Larson

less /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/pkg-message will explain what you need to do.

You need to type use.perl port to switch your system to the ports version of perl. Then you need to recompile all your perl apps so they use the ports version.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member