Andreas Kohn wrote:

Hi,

say, do you see any messages like
NVRM: Xid: 13, 0000 02005600 00000056 00000c28 006500ac 00000080

(Numbers may vary, I think) in your kernel messages after such a lock-up happened?
AFAIK this is not a FreeBSD-specific problem. I think this URL is right but the site isn't responding at the moment. I don't know if there is a solution there or not. There were some interesting comments about running glxgears before running a game making things better, if that's the kind of thing you are doing (gaming, that is), but I never got to the end of the thread. Most people reported the problem on much newer cards but the Xid is the classic symptom.

You could always try the nv drivers. My Ge2 worked fine on them for years, while my 6600 suffered corruption at least once a day.

--Alex