Howdy,

i'll be meeting tuesday with staffers for my congressman (since he's still in D.C.) to discuss software patents and the "evil" behind them. I've got a new perspective on the troubles they can cause given my Summer of Code project which is licensed under the APSL (http:// www.opensource.apple.com/apsl/) (my project: http:// wikitest.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/launchd)

What are some good points, on how software patents, could/have affected the FreeBSD project? I can make a case for how beneficial having something like FreeBSD has been for the I.T. industry, but i'd also like to be able to demonstrate the harm that software patents can cause to a large open source project like FreeBSD.

Cheers,

-R. Tyler Ballance