Sam Leffler wrote:
Eric Schuele wrote:

Sam Leffler wrote:

Eric Schuele wrote:

<big-snip>

Both my APs (home and office) hide their ssids. One is a wrt54g (home), the other is linksys as well... though I forget the model at the moment (FWIW its a/b/g). What can I do to provide the info you need?

These should work; I've had reports of problems with certain Cisco ap's. Note however that configuring an ap to hide it's ssid adds no real security.

FWIW... I set my AP to broadcast the ssid. It then quickly associated with it. But then dhclient 'broke the association' when it tried to acquire a lease (I have removed the media lines from dhclient.conf)? and subsequent wpa_supplicant attempts would no longer detect or associate with the AP... till I reboot.

Attached is that log.

What else can I provide to help.

    Sam

Regards,