I have several FreeBSD machines with onboard Promise and HighPoint ATA RAID
controllers, and they all work perfectly. You should be OK with the Intel
MB.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Christopher
Schulte
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 12:41 PM
To: Andrew Stesin; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Q: FreeBSD 4.6.* on Intel D845EBT MB (Promise PDC2067 IDE
RAID)

At 05:36 PM 9/14/2002 +0300, Andrew Stesin wrote:
>Hello people,
>
>Anyone tried FreeBSD 4.6.* on Intel D845EBT motherboard?
>
>Especially interesting is how an onboard Promise PDC2067 IDE RAID
>controller works with FreeBSD - or better to say, does it work at all?
>What are the caveates with it, if any? How RAID configuration works?

I had the same question (on 4.7) regarding the pdc20267.  There were no
formal replies, so I asked Andrew privately.  His response is below, printed
with permission, in case others search the archives for this answer:

Thanks Andrew.

--reply start--
>Hi Christopher,
>
>I got a bunch of replies via private email (people think that it's so
>obvious that doesn't worth any further public discussion).
>
>Everyone says that "yes it works perfectly".
>
>Unfortunately, I personally wasn't able to test this, because my plans to
>buy this exact board changed with an appearance of new 845 chipset (533
>MHz FSB, DDR 333 etc.) and I got a modern one without RAID (now I'm a
>happy user of vinum (1)).
>
>Regards,
>Andrew
--reply end--