What led me to reinstall Xmms was a weird sound problem. When I slide the sound bar in Xmms the sound cuts out at around 50 percent and then comes fading back at around 60 percent. At first I though it was the sound card but a different sound card does the same thing. My speakers are balanced at 50/50.

I am running vchans with xmms on /dev/dsp0.3 but trying /dev/dsp does the same thing.

Weird. The new Xmms from the MM directory does the same thing.

Jim