My desktop system just started doing this last night. I was upgrading Gnome using the handy shell script they provide. It looks like sometime around 11:30pm the computer reset. This morning I'm trying to reinstall all the software that got lost in last night's reset and I get another reset in the middle of compiling. The last message in /var/log/messages before reboot is:
Nov  6 10:41:08 trisha ntpd[489]: kernel time sync enabled 6001
Nov  6 10:58:14 trisha ntpd[489]: kernel time sync enabled 2001
Nov  6 13:02:57 trisha syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel

I just ran memtest86+ and there's no memory errors. I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, but how do I diagnose it?

Thanks,
Micah