ke.han wrote:
> I have installed 6.0 and would like to follow important changes before
> something labeled 6.1 comes out.
> What is the prescribed method for this?
>
> I don't want to follow current or stable (I don't think).  I just want
> security fixes and other changes that might be termed 6.01 if there were
> such a thing.
>
> To add to the question, while playing with my system, I did:
>
> cvsup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile
> ...and then later...
> cvsup -L 2 -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
>
> I have not recompiled the kernel or anything.  Just sync'd the source.
> So, how do I get things back to the 6.0 install source?  and how do I
> track things from this point?  I have read all the handbook has to
> offer.  Unfortunately, it is mostly general information.  I need a
> simple clear recipe.
>
> thanks, ke han

Create your own - something like this:

# Development branch for 6-STABLE. (RELENG_6)
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-stable source tree.
#
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all

# Security branch for 6.0-RELEASE-px. (RELENG_6_0)
#
# This file contains all of the "CVSup collections" that make up the
# FreeBSD-Security branch source tree.
#
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0

--
Best regards,
Chris

There is always more dirty laundry then clean laundry.