Teilhard Knight wrote:

It seems to me that the way FreeBSD is catching up with new hardware leaves you unsatisfied. One has to choose, upon boot, the option to use an USB keyboard by hand, and I have found no way to make a USB mouse to work. The OS broadly supports serial mice and hardly PS/2 mice, both almost out of the market nowadays. Are USB mice supported by FreeBSD?

Teilhard.

Currently all three systems which run FreeBSD have USB mice, two of them just plain Logitech optical mouses, the third is a Logitech MX 300, but every other mouse should work when you have enabled moused. Try plugin in the mouse when FreeBSD is up and running, it should detect it automatically

It didn't work. Actually I have a little more than a USB mouse, I have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard which are both controlled by a central unit which plugs into an USB port in the computer. The keyboard works well, with the option of booting with an USB keyboard, but I cannot make the mouse work. Any suggestions?

Teilhard.